Please find below the wording of the petition.
“This Petition of the Residents of the Mornington Peninsula, draws to the attention of the House the legacy of under-investment in our public transport services and request a complete service review to identify, fund and resolve shortfalls to enable public transport on the Mornington Peninsula to align with PTV’s minimum service level, including but not limited to:
- Bus route changes to ensure all business, commercial, educational and all residential areas are properly serviced with the timetable they need, and in particular —
(a) Bringing the bus route 788 (Frankston to Portsea) to a 20 minute timetable;
(b) Extending the bus route 783 (Frankston to Hastings) service; and
(c) Reconfiguring the Mornington North Bus Services.
- Finding and investing the $6 million allocated in the 2014 Budget for Mornington Peninsula bus infrastructure, which has never been seen;
- Providing a direct bus access to Frankston Hospital from all points around the Mornington Peninsula;
- Providing a cross-peninsula service from Hastings to Rosebud, and another from Hastings to Mornington;
- Providing bus services to our key tourism destinations with intra-peninsula shuttles in peak season;
- Provision of express commuter services of major bus routes directly to Frankston station and Monash University Peninsula Campus; and
- Updating all bus route signage to reflect current standards across all bus routes.”
Also, you may be interested in completing my online community survey to let me know how you feel about local issues.
Martin Dixon MP